Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Scaredy Cat

I am trying to plan ahead my lunches a little bit.  Monday was a fancy Columbus Day lunch so Tuesday was quick and easy sandwiches. 

I really need to do something about my picture taking.  The lunches looked so much cuter in person!  It is challenging because we don't have good natural light in the morning before we have to be at school/work.  And I don't have a good camera.  Or a good computer.  Well, a work in progress right? 

Scaredy Cat & yarn ball Peanut Butter and Apple Butter sandwich (Maya had Sunflower butter)
Veggies - Baby carrots, cucumber sticks and adorable multi colored mini heirloom tomatoes
Strawberry hearts
Pretzel sticks and a few Teddy Grahams

I asked the kids to pick out their own picks to decorate/eat with.  Maya chose a pink dog and a purple bat ring.  Max chose a pumpkin pick and a skeleton pick, neither of which you can see very well.  Sigh.

I keep asking the kids how they like their lunches and they say they like them a lot and they usually come home with empty or nearly empty containers.  Sometimes they don't finish the veggies and/or fruit and then they chose to eat it after school or with dinner.  It really depends on how much food I give them.  But they always eat enough that I feel they probably weren't hungry during class time. 

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment