Thursday, October 3, 2013

Kid Made, Mama Approved

I don't know how other Bento bloggers do it.  A lot of the blogs I have read have large families.  I only have to make breakfast and lunches for myself and two kids.  The hubby makes his own lunches the night before (usually leftovers and yogurt) because he leaves at the crack of dawn.  Actually, he now leaves BEFORE the crack of dawn. 

I know some Bento-ers make their lunches the night before as well.  I can't seem to do that.  I go to bed and as I am falling asleep is when I usually decide what I'll be making the next morning. 

Of course, sometimes, when I hit snooze too many times and I get up late I end up skipping my own breakfast and lunch and just making sure the kids get fed, packed up, and out the door to school on time. 

And then sometimes, like Wednesday, I wake up and I have no idea what to make for lunches.  Thankfully I got up early - ish and so did the kids.  So it became Kids Make Lunch Day!  

Maya decides what to put in her lunch.
I can't reach!!



Filling containers

Cutting Fruit

Choosing picks for decoration

Final Product!
Chalupa filling with taco shell and a music note pick for first day of violin lessons
Pears with owl pick
Carrot sticks


Now it's Max's turn!
Slicing eggs

Cutting bread with cookie cutters

Making sandwiches

Assembling

Final Product!
Pears and carrots
Bunny and two leaf egg salad sandwiches

And look at Max's cute Lego Bento!
 Maya didn't want one.  Crazy girl!  They had one in pink!  Maybe next time she'll get something new. 

I am so proud of my kiddos!  They both chose a protein, grain, fruit and veggie for their lunches.  They really enjoyed it!  Now if only we could all get up with enough time every day! 

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment