Thursday, October 17, 2013

Late Start, Late Finish

Today I woke up late, again.  It's been a tough week here with the hubby out of town.  I don't know how single parents do it!  The kids have been good, it's just more stressful and there is no down time at all.  At least, not until they go to sleep.  So I have been staying up too late reading fun Bento blogs!

Thankfully I had made oatmeal in the crockpot a few days ago so we had breakfast taken care of.  I woke the kids up about 10 minutes later than usual.  As I raced through our morning routine I racked my brain on what to make for lunch.  I had planned on having leftover pasta from dinner last night but we ate it all! 

Even though I had limited time I think the kids' lunches turned out pretty good.  And it was fast!
Banana
Z-bar for Maya and string cheese for Max
Sunbutter/Peanut butter and apple butter sandwich cut in quarters
A few gummy bears for fun
Heirloom tomatoes and carrots

After school today they had activities.  Usually on those days the hubby picks them up but since he is out of town I was on the hook.  I was trying to hurry home, but of course there was a nasty accident.  All I could see was a bus on top of a bike. :(  I hope that no one was on the bike.  

So I was late getting the kids picked up too.  Oy vey.  And now I have to cook!?  NO way!

We went out to dinner.  ;)  I decided to take them to one of my favorite kid friendly restaurants.  No, this is not turning into a review of a restaurant, but I really love this place.  Steuben's in Denver.  It's the only restaurant I have been to that includes in all kids meals: carrot sticks, cucumber slices and edamame with ranch dressing, berries plus a main dish and a side.  An actual complete meal on the kids menu?  Fruit and veggies standard?  What?!  
 
Of course my pictures didn't turn out great but:

Max got a grilled cheese sandwich and green beans (his choice! love that kid)
Maya got a hamburger and fries (she actually ate the bun too!)

Last bite!

My meal was delicious too.  I got the roast chicken which is half a chicken a whole pile of steamed veggies and a small, appropriate amount of mashed potatoes.  Way too much food (who eats half a chicken?) so I have half in the fridge for leftovers.  Unfortunately I did not get a picture of my food. 

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment