Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Happy National Puzzle Day!

Oy!  I am so behind on my posts!  I have several really great lunches that I want to blog about, but just haven't had time.  And don't really have time right now since I am procrastinating on some seriously important stuff.

So, just today's lunch for now.  But stay tuned!

Did you know that nearly every day of the year is a holiday?  Crazy right?  There is something, someone, somewhere is celebrating every day!  Most days have several different holidays.

Some holidays are a little more conducive to creative lunch making than others.  Like, for example, how do you make a lunch for Curmudgeons Day (also Jan 29)?

However, if I had know before this minute that it was also National Cornchip day I would have tossed some Fritos into the box.  Oh, well.  You win some, you lose some.

I also missed, in my ignorance, National Chocolate Cake Day.  Seriously am bummed about that!

There is always next year!

Anyway, puzzles are a big thing in my house.  We all love to do puzzles.  Jigsaw puzzles, word finds, crosswords, Sudoku, .. the list goes on.  In fact, one of the most used apps on the iPad is a jigsaw puzzle.  So I had to make a lunch for today that honored this fun pastime.

PB&J puzzle sandwich; root vegetable chips; baby carrots, red pepper and cucumber cut into puzzle pieces; apple wedge with puzzle piece cut out.

Here's a close up of the apple with the puzzle piece cut out.  Cute right?


No more procrastinating!  

Thanks for reading!
Deb

No comments:

Post a Comment