Sunday, January 12, 2014

First Week 2014 Lunches

I know I am a little late to the Happy New Year game, but I hope everyone had a happy and healthy holiday break!

School started for my husband on Monday but the kiddos didn't start until Tuesday so they went to a local day camp.  I still provide lunches and Maya requested something to remind her of the "big ball that falls on New Year's".  I was feeling a little less than creative so here is what I came up with for their first lunches back.  A little sad, but....

PB & J "ball" sandwich with "2014" written in edible markers
A few gummy treats
A few blackberries
Baby carrots, grape tomatoes and cucumber stars
Pear chunks

Thank goodness kids are forgiving!  They said it was great.


For the first day back to actual school I performed a little bit better.

Blackberries/grapes with a bow pick
Veggie Booty (the other lunches had mixture of Pirate and Veggie Booty's)
A "book" sandwich with turkey, pepperoni and spinach held together with a dot pick
Grape tomatoes under A,B, C's and 1, 2, 3's made of cucumber and carrot
When I was cutting out the C's it ended up making a pop up heart in the cucumber so I tucked that in


Wednesday was a very difficult day with trying to get up on time so it was a simple lunch
Veggie pasta and some parmesan cheese shreds
Grape tomatoes, broccoli stems, cucumber stars, some baby carrots hiding underneath
Apple chunks and grapes with a tree trunk pick (isn't it adorable!)
Pasta sauce in the covered container


Thursday I wanted to be creative, but I was so tired.  It's amazing how having the kids and husband back at school tires ME out!  This is a terrible picture but it's the best of the bunch I took.  Not sure why these ones turned out so bad.
Sandwich cut with a Lunch Punch cupcake cutter (I think it was ham but might have been PB & J)
Grape tomatoes, baby carrots and cucumber hearts
Pile of grapes with a kitty pick
After taking this picture I realized the lunch looked pretty sparse and was worried they would be hungry so I added a handful of pita chips under the sandwich but didn't have time for another picture.  Maybe I should have taken the time and the picture might have turned out better.  Oh well.


I think my Friday lunch was the best one all week.  Unfortunately the kids didn't take their Laptop Lunchboxes out of their backpacks and I was very sick on Thursday (tummy bug or food poisoning, I'm not sure.  Short lived but AWFUL!) so they didn't get washed.  So I dug out the Bynto's and used those.
Clementine sections and blackberries
Special K Brown Sugar Crisp bar
Roll up - tortilla rolled around laughing cow herb and garlic cheese spread, turkey, pepperoni, spinach (of course Maya didn't have the cheese)
Cucumber/carrot flowers and grape tomatoes

I also made this lunch for a friend and her Laptop Lunchbox was clean so this is what hers looked like!

Thanks for reading!
Deb

No comments:

Post a Comment