Thursday, September 26, 2013

Mini Pocket Sandwiches - Tutorial

 
The mini sandwich pockets are one of the coolest things I've found so far.  I got it from BentoUSA.com  This is what it looks like put together. 
You open it up and put in a slice of bread and then  make a slight impression in the bread by putting the lid back on and pressing down gently.  Put your fillings in the impressions.  Don't put too much!

Then you place a second slice of bread over the first and put the lid of the cutter on and press down HARD and evenly. 
 

 
 This is what you get:

Very little waste, even less than some of the cookie cutters I use.
 

Now you have four adorable little sealed pocket sandwiches.  Kind of like those Crustables you can buy at Costco in the freezer section. But fresh and you can fill them with whatever you like.  Obviously I used Sunbutter for Maya.  I have used it once before for Max filled with egg salad.  It's pretty cool!

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment