Saturday, September 21, 2013

Breakfast for lunch!


Who doesn't love Breakfast for Dinner?  My kiddo's do!  So I asked them if they wanted Breakfast for Lunch and they were super excited.  I made sure to ask if they minded the food cold and they said no.  They do have access to a microwave at school but with only 20 minutes and long lines of kids they never use it.  When they came home I double checked and they said "Lunch was Great!".  And the lunch boxes were practically licked clean!  No after shots - I'll have to remember to do some of those on occasion.


Mini Van's Dairy Free/Egg Free Flax Waffles
Syrup is in the container
Fresh heart shaped strawberries (Max also got some blueberries on picks but Maya won't eat them)
Scramble of spinach, Canadian Bacon, grape tomatoes.  Max's had egg and cheese.  Maya's had shredded potatoes.  And I ate the leftovers. Yum!
Juice box (they get water bottles every day but occasionally I send a juice box for a treat)


Look how much cuter these lunches are with an umbrella pick!



My current quest is to find a good, mess free option to send the syrup in.  Max opens the containers just fine but doesn't really take the time to close them well.  So when he came home the entire lunch box was coated in syrup.  At least it stayed in the larger Laptop Lunches case and didn't seep out into the lunch bag.  But I would appreciate any ideas or suggestions! 

Thanks for reading!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment