Monday, September 23, 2013

First Day of Fall

I am trying to figure out this whole blogging thing.  So since I know there is a Meatless Monday linky I thought I would try my hand at it. 

I wanted to do something really fun for the first full day of Fall but I was feeling less than inspired at lunch making time.  So today's lunches were not very exciting, but I'm still a beginner. 

Let me tell you - that whole carving images in the apple thing is HARD!  But it looks neat! 

Almond butter and honey sandwich cut into apple shape
Carrots cut into Acorn shape
Apple wedge with maple leaf etched in


Thanks for reading!

2 comments:

  1. I can imagine that cutting shapes into apples is hard, I haven't tried it yet, but it looks really neat. I like how your carrots came out too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for the comment Squidmom! It was harder than I thought it would be. But of course my daughter wanted another one just like it yesterday and it was a bit easier the second time around. The carrots were just an acorn cookie cutter. The hardest part was cutting the carrot lengthwise so that to cutter could fit. :)

    ReplyDelete