Thursday, September 26, 2013

Johnny Appleseed Day

Did you know that today is Johnny Appleseed Day?  Did you know that Johnny Appleseed is actually a real person?  He was born on Sept 26, 1774.  He grew apple trees and gave them away.  He traveled west and planted apple trees as he went.  According to legend he led a simple life, rarely accepted money and often donated any money he received.  He lived his calling, which was to grow and provide apples and apple trees.  I think that's pretty cool.

Today we had a lunch to honor Johnny Appleseed. 

It's packed in our new Goodbyn lunch boxes that I found on clearance at Target.  Well, actually two Target's.  I found the blue one at Target when I was shopping with my son and told him they would share it.  Then I happened to be in another Target and found the pink one!  What luck!

Their lunches are the same (basically) but I wanted to show both boxes, cause I can. 


Carrots and Snap Peas (two layers)
Applesauce with fall candy sprinkles
Cucumber apples
PB&J mini sandwich pockets (Maya's is Sunbutter)
Apple slices

The container holding the applesauce is from our Laptop Lunches and has a lid.  I was surprised that it fit in the Goodbyn but it did fit perfectly.  
 
This was a pretty big lunch for my kiddos but they had an after school activity today so I told them to eat whatever was leftover for a snack.  When we got home their lunch boxes were empty so I guess it was a good amount for both meals.


Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment