Monday, August 22, 2016

Back To School, Back To Blogging....

Well, I've noticed that I completely fell off the blogging band wagon last year.  Sooooo busy!  I'm hoping with the new schedule and a few changes at home I'll do a better job of keeping on top of it this year.  Although, not starting out too well as Maya started school two weeks ago already!  But today is Max's first day so I figured I'd do a round up of the last two weeks (of the lunches I remembered to photograph!) And start fresh.  :)

8/8/16 - Maya's first day of middle school!  I made the kids nachos (beans, meat and rice for Maya, add cheese and take out rice for Max!) with Fritos for dipping, fresh blackberries and raspberries (6 of each, get the symbolism?), and carrots/cucumbers/snap peas.  Plus a bag of fruit snacks for dessert and a sweet SayPlease note.



8/9/16 - Book Lover's Day!  If you know my kids you know they love to read so we had to celebrate Book Lover's Day with a Book-wich!  Inside the book (torilla) is ham, turkey, salami (Max also got cheese and mayo), cantaloupe chunks and veggie - snap peas/carrots/cucumber.



8/10/16 - National Smore's Day!  Who knew?  Had to celebrate with "camp" food so I made hamburgers (in the tin foil to stay warmish), ketchup in the squeeze bottle, peaches, snap peas/carrots/cucumber and, of course, smore's - graham cracker pieces, chocolate chips and mini marshmallows!


8/12/16 - Simple lunch of chicken salad and pita chips, blackberries and veggies - celery/snap peas/cucumber/carrot.




8/17/16 - Burritos!  My kids love burritos.  Today I put in ground beef, homemade refried beans, rice and cheese (for Max).  I gave them Fritos on the side for some crunchy and blackberries/grapes with veggies - cucumber/snap peas/carrot/grape tomato with ranch for dipping.



8/18/16 - Who doesn't love spaghetti!?  I found some homemade meatballs and sauce in the depths of the freezer and topped the spaghetti with that and cheese (for Max), grapes, veggies - tomatoes/cucumbers/celery/carrots with ranch for dipping.  Yum!



8/19/16 - Easiest lunch ever!  Homemade lunchables!  Snowflake Ritz crackers (no, I don't want snow yet!  just need to use these up!), with salami/ham/turkey/pepperoni cut into triangles; cantaloupe chunks, veggies - carrot/snap peas/cucumber/yellow bell pepper strips; and dried fruit - pineapple and apricots.



8/22/16 - Max's first day of school was the day after a party at our house.  So I made up some leftover hamburgers with lettuce/tomato/cheese for him and ketchup in the squeeze bottle and a pickle slice on the side.  He got watermelon chunks and veggies - cherry tomatoes from the garden, carrots/snap peas/celery and ranch for dipping.  And for a treat he got a leftover cinnamon rice krispy treat.  YUM!


Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment